|We are currently recruiting for regions showing a tick
|We are currently not recruiting for regions showing a cross
|Click on a region for more information.
Job Advertisment Back to top
SUPPORT WORKERS REQUIRED
Wigan Link are currently looking to appoint a number of support workers to join teams within a number of areas, (must be able to work on a one-to-one basis) - (be familiar with non-traditional communication).
Contracted weekly hours (varied). Must be able to work alternate weekends, and be available for sleep overs at the weekend and/or during the week.
Support Worker Salary £7.50 per hour Sleep overs £67.50 per night. Team Leader rate £8.50.
Wigan Link are a family led supported living organisation who support people who are described as having a learning disability to live in their own homes within the community.
We are currently looking to appoint team members who share our belief that people with a learning disability should have ordinary lifestyles, choices, experiences and situations.
The team member will support individuals in leading an independent lifestyle, maximising both social and leisure time, and providing support in all aspects of daily living.
Full driving license essential. Non Smokers Essential.
Experience of people with complex needs, and physical disability - (non verbal communication).
Level 2 - 3 National Diploma in Care desirable. (support will be given to achieve this award).
This post will be subject to full Enhanced Disclosure Procedures.
For further information or job application pack for the above, or other vacancies please contact Rachael McDonald on 01942 - 259094
Job Description Back to top
Job Title - Support Worker
Responsible to: Operations Manager / Management Group
Job Purpose / Description
The support worker will work with the person identified in two areas. The first of these will be in the person's own home. Initially working with the person in issues related to supported living, also working with the person in day to day activities. Working closely with family members, planning alternative, consistent levels of support in different environments offering quality and continuity.
Secondly you will work with the person by supporting him/her to participate in all aspects of community activities, working with the person in all areas of daily living. You will plan with the person, parents and other team members, thus enabling the person to achieve an ordinary everyday lifestyle which is rich in terms of opportunity and diversity. This will involve an ongoing approach to addressing and reviewing wants, needs, situations and expectations, balancing rights and reasonable risks.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To respect the rights, wishes and the needs of the person being supported.
- To meet their practical daily needs, in all aspects of their lives.
- To assist the person in working towards, and achieving aims, dreams and goals mutually agreed as part of their essential lifestyle plans enabling them to lead as full and independent life as possible.
- To act as friend and key person.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To work alongside other support workers, family members, volunteers and other people who participate in ordinary, everyday activities.
- To implement the operational policies as laid down by Wigan Link, relating to its aims and objectives and statutory occurrences.
Recording and Administration.
- Personal income / expenditure management as directed by the project.
- Preparation of written work for review / team meetings and other reports that may be requested from time to time, in line with statutory or Wigan Link’s requirements.
- Prompt and accurate recording of any unusual or untoward occurrence in accordance to health and safety guidelines.
- Support the person concerned to manage day to day household accounts.
Communication / direct work with the person supported by the project:
- To maintain effective communication and liaison within the project teams, with the person participating in the service, and any other relevant agency or individual.
- To contribute to and attend team meetings, meetings with people who participate in the services, reviews and other meetings as required.
- To contribute to maintaining good public relations with a view to enhancing the image and reputation of people who participate in the service.
- To work as member of a team, meeting needs in a a way that upholds individual rights and enables the maximum amount of choice in daily living.
- To take delegated responsibility for ’key’ working.
- Any other duties delegated by your line manager commensurate to the contingencies of the post.
Application Form Back to top
You will need Acrobat Reader to view and print the Application form. If you haven't already got this installed on your system, you can get the latest version of this free plug in here.
Alternatively, you can email your application here:
Email Application form